I am still just so excited about my recent room reveal of our new boy’s nursery makeover, which came out amazing. I just love going into that room. Check out the reveal in my post, Grey & Teal Safari Themed Boy’s Nursery Makeover Reveal. You won’t want to miss it!
Finding nursery artwork was a BIG part of this makeover. My favorite piece of nursery wall decor is the giraffe bust that is over the crib.
Here’s our Focal Nursery Artwork:
The modern white geometric giraffe head we found on sale at Hobby Lobby. This is the perfect centerpiece for our safari themed nursery.
One thing I do know is that hanging my head on the wall by itself isn’t going to make the impact I’m looking for. So to give this nursery art the pop it deserves, I had an idea…create a stunning backdrop to hang a giraffe’s head on.
At Lokasi Pantai Melasti, I started thinking about ideas for backgrounds. As I usually do, I look for inspiration and ideas on Pinterest. I found a shared nursery on Project Nursery.
I really like the alternating color stripes. I didn’t want to paint stripes on the wall like this, but I thought I could create a similar look on a smaller scale.
Looking through the stash of things I salvaged and finds by the roadside, I found an empty frame. Then I went to my scrap wood pile in the garage to look for wood to cut into planks to fit the frame.
My thought was to paint the wood planks colors that match the color scheme for the nursery. This would enhance the focal point over the crib, while bringing color to the light gray walls.
Then I attached the painted wood planks into the frame with screws. Then I added a screw on the front side to hang the white giraffe head. I also used some earthquake putty to keep the giraffe head from moving.
Since I was hanging this heavy piece of nursery artwork above the crib, I used special hanging hardware to make sure it was safe. Here is the hanging system I used.
The metal cleats hook together insuring the frame won’t be leaving the wall. Peace of mind for momma.
Here’s how this nursery artwork looks in the room. I love it! A simple and modern focal point in our baby boy’s first room.
The total cost of the project was ONLY $27. Most the materials for this DIY project were salvaged from things I already had. I love decorating on a budget.